Title: Personal Lines Underwriter
Eastern Mutual Insurance Company is seeking a full-time Personal Lines Underwriter with experience in the insurance industry. Candidates will be trained on Eastern policy management and imaging systems. The candidate will initially be assigned basic underwriting duties but will be expected to quickly assume responsibility for a full underwriting assignment.
The Personal Lines Underwriter will work with independent agents to review and assess current and potential risks for Eastern Mutual insurance policies. The position requires the ability to quickly enter and modify risk information using the Eastern Mutual policy management system. Accuracy and careful attention to detail will be essential for success. The candidate will be expected to make decisions and provide timely responses to requests from agents and others.
The Personal Lines Underwriter will be expected to become familiar with other Eastern Mutual product lines and to support and provide backup for other members of the underwriting team.
The responsibilities include:
1. Accept applications and work with agents to ensure required information is available to properly underwrite risks
2. Evaluate application information and provide quotations for acceptable risks
3. Issue new business and request inspections
4. Review inspection reports and continue coverage or cancel policies
5. Process endorsements, cancellations, and non-renewals
The following is a list of desired qualifications for potential candidates.
1. Two or more years’ experience in the insurance industry and familiarity with personal lines insurance policies
2. Knowledge of URB product lines
3. Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
4. Bachelor’s or Associates degree
5. Computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
6. Experience with insurance policy management and imaging systems
7. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
8. Self-Starter with demonstrated success working in a fast-paced team environment
9. Insurance industry designation, such as AINS or CPCU
Eastern Mutual is proud to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health insurance, a 401K retirement savings plan, and paid time off.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Leslie Hallenbeck
Eastern Mutual Ins. Co.
PO Box 40
Greenville, NY 12083
Or submit to: email@example.com